Monday 17 October 2011

:)

What I have complained about today;

My mum waking me up at 10am to tell me she was going out...how dare she wake me at such an hour!

My dog peeing in my room (again)

My bank Card not working in the machine at Maxol.

Carl beating me in FIFA.

My Dad downloading an app I didn't want onto my IPad.


I could go on, and add more ridiculous things that bothered me today. Looking at this I hope you don't think I am a total brat. I am sure similar minuscule things have caused your gears to grind as well though.

So let's just stop and think about how blessed me are.

A lot of people would give everything to be able to complain about the things we do I reckon.

If we focus on God we will soon realise... Nothing can fulfill us but him.

So who cares if I have a stinky damp carpet, or a Gaelic translation app on my iPad, the weather isn't great, or maybe there is a guy/girl giving you as mixed signals as the traffic lights. Who cares? I think if Paul were here he would probably laugh at us, I also think that brothers and sisters in the persecuted church would weep for us. We have such a big view of the unimportant and a tiny view of the crucial.

2 Corinthians 4:18 -" So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18 NIV)

God bless

1 comment: